Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wow...My very first post...

Well, I'm not the best at writing my thoughts down, but it's about time I started.
My inspiration for starting this blog is my family. I'm married with 4 kids and haven't really put much effort into keeping track of what we do together...our memories.
I suppose it's also a place for extended family, and friends to see what we've been up to.

Something I have a new passion for is digital scrapbooking. It's proving to be a great asset with organising all the photos I take. I actually go through my photos now, digiscrap the best ones and archive the rest. I still have a long way back to go, but it's a start!
So, much of what you find on here will be scrapped...and I should really thank Nicole from Digi-Designs since hers was the first blog I visited when I googled digiscrapping a few months ago. I started downloading her kits and I haven't looked back. I used two of her kits, "Just Blossom" and "Chloe" to make the header for my blog. I even joined the forum she started where all we really discuss is scrapbooking! Make sure you click on one of her blinkies to check out her amazing stuff.
Someone else I need to thank is Stephanie at Scrappy Cocoa. She makes awesome blog backgrounds and headers, which is where I got my background. She also used "Just Blossom" from Nicole to make this one. I love it!
Before I sign off from my first post I should probably add a pic.
This is a page I created for my first recipe challenge at Nicole's forum. It's using some photos I took of Kaelan in March '08 when he was almost 6 months.

Credits: Digi-Designs by Nicole "Reflection" & "Just Blossom" kits, "Berrylicious" by A Work in Progress - designs by Vicki, and the word art is from "Sweet Dreams" by Sweet Blossom Designs - by Sara (some elements recoloured by me)






3 comments:

MandaK said...

Great first post timetoplay, welcome to the blogging world...it's almsot as addicting as digi-scrapping...

keyr said...

good work on the blog design....

Nicole said...

Very cute! Now you are going to be addicted to blogging, and digital scrapbooking. lol. :)

I am glad we are getting to know you. I love 'adult' interaction time! lol