Friday, April 10, 2009

My Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. We've had a week of school holidays already so I had all the kids home. I usually think of my birthday as just another day, but the kids were rather excited and were expecting a party and cake and lots of presents and everything else that comes with kids birthdays...Aylish said we had to make a chocolate cake with pink icing, decorated with fairies, hearts and diamonds! (At least I know what she wants for her birthday cake!)
Anyway, since I still had to entertain the kids, we went out for donuts and milkshakes which we all love. We did a few other things including going to the playground - if the kids are happy so am I!
Before we went out, I took some photos of the kids and got some really nice shots. This worked really well because when we got home from the shops there was a speed scrap on at 'Stuff To Scrap'. I was quite late starting after getting the 3 little ones to sleep, but I was able to use one of the photos I'd taken that morning and participate in doing something I love on my birthday. It was fun and I love how the page came out...
Click image to enlarge

And since I'd done one of the girls I just had to do a facing page of the boys!

Hopefully it won't be long before I get my first album printed. I'll aim for it being my Christmas present for me!
Credits: "Sweet Flora" collab by AWP designs by Vicki & Digi-Designs by Nicole; brads (recoloured) from "Berrylicious" by Vicki; staples from "Best Friends" by Nicole

No comments: